There are several ways to get community-based tech support from the SCN community, such as the Help Desk. You can use any of these methods to request Internet service from us, request general technology or computer help, or contact us about any other topic.
The FASTEST way to get support will be to join the
#support channel on our Discord, a messaging platform that we use to organize.
- Join our Discord server via the invite link. You will need to log in or create an account to join, and a moderator will need to assign you a role before you are allowed to join permanently.
- Install Discord for your computer, Android, or iOS device to stay up-to-date on conversations.
- When posting to the #support channel, describe your question or problem in as much detail as you can. Someone from the community will most likely respond within a few hours.
- If you would like to get to know the community, introduce yourself in the
#introductionschannel! How did you hear about SCN and why are you interested? (More complete instructions can be found here).
The Seattle Community Network organizes a community-run tech help desk supported by the Black Brilliance Research Project’s (BBR’s) Digital Stewards Program and the Filipino Community of Seattle (FCS). Our current in-person help desk hours are on Fridays at 3-5 pm starting on 2/18/2022, located in the Filipino Community Village Integrated Learning Center (ILC).
Filipino Community Village Integrated Learning Center address: 5727 37th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118
Our help desk is best-effort and mainly volunteer-based, so our virtual hours availability may be highly variable. Please check our available hours and sign up for an appointment slot using the calendar link below if you can (or contact us another way if that doesn’t work), as it helps the volunteers plan for our time. However, you may also drop in during our scheduled calendar hours without an appointment.
- Our Help Desk Calendar: You can sign up for an appointment slot for any staffed volunteer hours indicated on the calendar.
- Phone Number (Voicemail-only except during staffed Community Tech Help hours):
- You may also send text messages to this number, which will be checked during staffed hours.
- Inquiries about getting connected to our Internet service can also be sent here.
- Email address for general Community Tech Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email address for SCN Internet service-related support: email@example.com
As always, please do not hesitate to consult our docs for any information, or submit an issue on the docs site github if there is information missing that you would like to see. Also feel free to message the Discord for the same purpose.